Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Are Wiki Sources Legit? (Short Assignment #4)

I chose to analyze the Jeff Kimball House, because I was genuinely interested to know why this historic farmhouse is not even a house on a farm; local farmers would buy houses in town to be closer instead of living on their actual farmland.  The article is extremely short, which seems sketchy to me, because there is not a lot of information, just a few brief facts, and not much context to support the facts.  Although I don't think the facts are made-up or unreliable.  There were four sources.  Two were links which I clicked on and found to be reliable, established web sites on historical sites.  The other two sources were books, a dictionary and national register of historical houses, which seem legitimate, so I am just a tad bit unsure of their credibility, because I don't have the available means of retrieving the books.  There were not very many facts to check, but the ones referenced I confirmed, except for the book-referenced ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment